X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radio64
    • Jan 2014

The Freedom of the Future

I have it on good authority that this was an excellent programme..and an excellent soundtrack too! .. awaiting the repeatage on Monday night..

The radical 1960s and 70s experiments of an exceptional generation of British architects.
    "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

Yes I expected it would be a good prog'....decided I would not watch it....fed up with these rich smoothies, no matter how clever and initiative they are....vast monstrosities of ego.... This pig built his house of dog hair and vacuum cleaner dust....

....on another day I might watch it .....
    bong ching

Comment

• Radio64
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
      Yes I expected it would be a good prog'....decided I would not watch it....fed up with these rich smoothies, no matter how clever and initiative they are....vast monstrosities of ego.... This pig built his house of dog hair and vacuum cleaner dust....

....on another day I might watch it .....
      Ummm. OK, fair enough.

Apparently the first in a series called The Brits who Built the Modern World..

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
        awaiting the repeatage on Monday night.
        Is there a distinction between a repeatage and a repeat?
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Radio64
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          Is there a distinction between a repeatage and a repeat?
          no. just my little 'in' joke.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Programme 1 was very interesting, especially in the application of the "public service" ethos purporting to be represented in some of the 1960s and '70s work of these guys. While I have to say that I much prefer "Hi-tech" architecture to Brutalism (see Jonathan Meades thread) I've never come to terms with the Pompidou Centre, apart from some of the sounds that it has produced.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

well while the great and the good of the architectural world are playing with vast sums of money for velodromes, (apologies to anybody who is off to their local bike racing this weekend), and building symbols of power for the banks, the rest of us get this crap dumped on us.

The western side of Southampton city centre has been destroyed by politicians and architects in the pay of big companies.

Oh, and that is one of the better parts of West Quay Road, by the way, and in real life it looks a LOT worse.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
              X