X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

R4 play

Apologies for the shameless plug of a mates gig, but as I was driving home across the bleak fens on Saturday I caught this play and was really taken by the music which turned out to be by someone I know well.
    It's always great to stumble over things you didn't know existed! I knew he was doing a thing for WNO as he left the pub early to get on with it!

worth a listen IMV

In a future Britain, people have gradually lost the gift of sleep - or have they?
  • Radio64
    • Jan 2014

Mornin' Gongs .. ta for the tip. Sounds good.

"Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• ardcarp
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Yes thanks Gongs. One of my kids had to create a piece of electronic music in the final year of her degree course. There was a recently created lab and a technician to help. We had an opportunity to hear all the 'masterpieces' played end to end, which didn't make a lot of sense. Miss Ardcarp was a bit cross because hers had been designed to fit with a short dramatic piece...from which it was divorced at the playthtough.

The point I'm making is that as the accompaniment to a film, the 'public' will accept (or only notice subliminally) some fairly extreme sounds....not that your mate's was that extreme or even electronic, but you get my drift.

Comment

Working...
      X