Salamander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

I didn't bother with De Luca after the first episode but I'm sticking with Shetland (minus subtitles!) although the Scottish Tourist Board are probably not best pleased with the depiction of the total greyness and lack of scenic views ... However, I wonder if anyone is watching Mammon (Norwegian) on More4 and whether it's worth catching up with? The Guardian have started an episode blog so they seem to think it's ok.

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      I didn't bother with De Luca after the first episode but I'm sticking with Shetland (minus subtitles!) although the Scottish Tourist Board are probably not best pleased with the depiction of the total greyness and lack of scenic views ... However, I wonder if anyone is watching Mammon (Norwegian) on More4 and whether it's worth catching up with? The Guardian have started an episode blog so they seem to think it's ok.
      I guess we're doing both (De Luca and Mammon), but personally I'd say De Luca is better, and it is worth watching, as I've mentioned before, with reasons.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Did anyone stick with Salamander to the end? I didn't and really don't wish to spend 3 hours on iplayer catching up. Basically can anyone tell me what united the 66 and what their evil scheme was or was it just they were all collaborators and/or Neo-Nazis and there was no evil scheme?
        Originally posted by Braunschlag View Post
        I should add that Salamander is also [on iPlayer] too, did that lot yesterday. I’ve read that Salamander 2 is in the pipeline for broadcast soonish, unless.....
        Well Salamander 2 started last night on BBC4.... Haven't watched yet, anyone tackle it?

Can't believe the first one was so long ago (4 years) and that Anna was still among us to debate its shortcomings... Miss you, Anna!
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Tevot
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Well Salamander 2 started last night on BBC4.... Haven't watched yet, anyone tackle it?

Can't believe the first one was so long ago (4 years) and that Anna was still among us to debate its shortcomings... Miss you, Anna!
          Hello there,

To be honest Salamander and most of the other police procedural offerings have completely passed me by over the years. I watched The Killing and also some of the French drama Spiral but never had the urge to follow any of the others up. Are there any particular gems that I have missed - or in hindsight was much of this just a passing fad ?

Best Wishes,

Tevot
          Last edited by Tevot; 15-04-18, 02:21.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

First episode of the new Salamander very boring imo, rest deleted. I assume from the silence that I'm not alone....
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
            X