X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pegleg
    • Apr 2012

The Martin Beck Killings - Saturday Drama Radio 4

I don't if it's breaking any rules to ask, but has anyone got episodes 6, 7, and 8?
  • mercia
    • Nov 2010

erm 'fraid not [though I think they're all available on CD - and will surely all reappear soon enough on 4extra]
    The Best of British TV and Culture. Celebrate your favourite shows: Doctor Who, Top Gear, Sherlock, and many more! Shop bestselling DVDs, Blu-rays and merchandise direct from the BBC Shop.

I liked the Beck character as portrayed, with his perpetual sniffling nose
    what I didn't care for were the two narrators periodically butting-in like a Greek chorus - quite annoying that

Comment

• DublinJimbo
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by mercia View Post
      I liked the Beck character as portrayed, with his perpetual sniffling nose
      what I didn't care for were the two narrators periodically butting-in like a Greek chorus - quite annoying that
      I agree about the portrayal of Martin Beck, but I disagree with your view about the narrators. I liked the 'bookish' feel their contributions provided, especially since they could be seen as the husband-and-wife writers of the books come to life for the series.

Comment

• mercia
        • Nov 2010

I hadn't appreciated that might be the idea - still not sure I like it as a device though

yet more books I ought to get around to reading.

Comment

• Pegleg
          • Apr 2012

Thanks for the pointer to the BBC shop, but they are the full audio books, not the radio adaptations. I guess they might appear on Radio 4extra, but who knows when. It made excellent radio, and I thought the idea of the stereo narrators worked well.

What annoyed me is they split the ten episodes into two groups of five. A fact I was totally oblivous to. So to me, the series came to an abrupt end and I had no idea when, or if, the second set were to be aired. Did I miss the all improtant announcement(s)? Even more annoying that I didn't spot when episodes 6-10 had started until almost too late.

Comment

• mercia
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pegleg View Post
            Thanks for the pointer to the BBC shop, but they are the full audio books, not the radio adaptations.
            sorry, I'm confused. Surely that link is to the BBC radio dramatisations with Steven Mackintosh and Neil Pearson. At least that's what it says in the descriptions or product infos. What are you after ?

Mind you I couldn't tell you which are episodes 6, 7 & 8 from those titles.

Comment

• Pegleg
              • Apr 2012

No, it's me who was confused. I couldn't believe the BBC was charging £6.99 for one 60min radio broadcast, but on checking, they are. Guess I'll pass on that. Just found another download site: http://www.audiogo.com/uk/browse-cat...-1/martin-beck priced at £1.99 to £1.49. And people say the Energy providers are ripping us off.

Comment

• Pegleg
                • Apr 2012

Episode 7 had been gratefully received. If anyone has got either/both of epsidoes 6/8. it would save me having put personal & payments details into yet another website.

Murder at the Savoy - episode 6
                The Locked Room - episode 8

Comment

Working...
                X