X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Chris Arthur NT exhibition

Chris Arthur has an exhibition of photographs at the National Theatre (Lyttleton) which is on for another month or so. It specifically focuses on the early period of the NT and actors and productions of that time. I was surprised to see an early photo of Anthony Hopkins - didn't think he'd been around that long, and also to note that Jim Dale had acted for the NT. The shot taken from high up backstage with all the ropes etc. is very striking. There is also a slide show which shows additional photos of NT support staff, and a touch screen display, which sadly sems a bit temperamental, but should also display additional photos.

This is a good exhibition which appears mostly to cover the period before the NT moved to the Southbank theatre, and can be viewed most of the day.

Chris has maybe 450 photos from the period of the theatre's first productions, and this exhibition displays around 100 of them.

There is also another exhibition running at the same time (Olivier) which deals with the history of the NT. It's worth taking time out to visit both these exhibitions
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Thanks for this, Dave - it sounds fascinating.

Pity it's not Online for those of us who can't get to our National Theatre.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      Thanks for this, Dave - it sounds fascinating.

Pity it's not Online for those of us who can't get to our National Theatre.
      Indeed.

There's very little more here - http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/di...-national-life

The cartoon here might amuse for a few seconds - http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/di...heatre-lampoon

Comment

Working...
      X