• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hornspieler
    Late Member
    • Sep 2012

Preserving our wildlife

Those MBs from the old days will remember that the late lamented Chris Newman and I offered a look at our paintings on the Troovi website.

I am happy to let you know that my daughter, who is a professional artist, has just been announced as the prizewinner in the annual BBC Wildlife Artist of the Year competition. Her prize is a fortnight's safari in Botswana.
    (I've turned my own amateur daubings to face the wall.)

If you are interested in seeing her paintings, including the picture which won this year's competition (there were over 1,400 entries) and to learn something about her techniques, take a look at her website:

Welcome to Animal Spirit Art By award winning wildlife and animal artist Georgina Gibbons Georgina was passionate about all wildlife, and she created pastel ...

No this is not an advertisement. She has more commisions than she can cope with at the moment.
    I just like to share my proud moments with my fellow message boarders.

HS
  • salymap
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Gosh, thanks HS, what a wonderful artist -no wonder you're a proud dad.

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hornspieler View Post
      I just like to share my proud moments with my fellow message boarders.

HS
      And congratulations to her - and to you - in proportionate amounts! Don't let her put you off!
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
      X