X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Pee
    • Nov 2010

Charlie Brooker's "A Touch of Cloth 2" on Sky 1

Anybody else watching it? I'm really looking forward to the concluding part tonight. It has more than lived up to last year's first series, being a wonderful spoof on the tortured detective battling personal demons cliche.

Sky & Netflix together All the TV you need. In one simple subscription.

John Hannah is superb as Jack Cloth and Suranne Jones as Ann Oldman- pronounced Old Man - makes a wonderful foil for him. Add in Stephen Dillane as the Gangster Macratty and some superb sight gags and it is one of the most entertaining hour's TV I've seen for some time. The good news is that a third instalment is currently being penned by Charlie Brooker.

One of my favourite gags from episode 1:-

Armed robber to hostage at bank raid:- "You'll be able to tell your grandchildren about this!"

Hostage:- "I'm Gay!"

Robber:- "So turn it into a musical".

And a few more:-

Sky & Netflix together All the TV you need. In one simple subscription.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.
  • underthecountertenor
    • Apr 2011

I love A Touch of Cloth. Brooker has taken the Police Squad/Naked Gun idea and run with it, very quickly indeed. The only problem with it is that it is exhausting, and my hand was always on the remote in case I missed something (a poster in the background etc). A word of appreciation for Julian Rhind-Tutt's ACC Tom Boss too. In general, all the cliches of the ITV detective series are perfectly skewered.

Comment

• Mr Pee
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by underthecountertenor View Post
      I love A Touch of Cloth. Brooker has taken the Police Squad/Naked Gun idea and run with it, very quickly indeed. The only problem with it is that it is exhausting, and my hand was always on the remote in case I missed something (a poster in the background etc). A word of appreciation for Julian Rhind-Tutt's ACC Tom Boss too. In general, all the cliches of the ITV detective series are perfectly skewered.
      Yes, I kept pausing and rewinding to catch all the jokes, and take in the posters in the background at the police station and bank, every one of which was a little comic gem in its own right.

Both episodes, and the behind the scenes feature, are being repeated tonight (Tue) from 9pm and I have set the recorder, because I am sure there are things I missed the first time around.

And I agree about Julian Rhind-Tutt- loved his character, both in the the first series and this one.
      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
      X