• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gamba
    Late member
    • Dec 2010

I Could Have Made a Pig of Myself

A particularly daft ' Tonight ' story. A woman somewhere in Norfolk keeps a little piglet as a pet instead of a puppy.

Meet her in Fenchurch St. station, London & film her getting off the train. How to charge for its ticket ? After much discussion the authorities decide on weight. Film this happening. Passers - bye wonder what world they're living in.
    Set-up next with policeman holding-up traffic whilst she walks it across road outside. Now I begin to wonder if this is the right world for me !

Filming over she makes for a bus stop intending to visit a friend. We offer her a lift. This is politely refused, she wants to get the piglet used to a bus. We leave her standing by a bus stop holding the little piglet in her arms. I walk a few paces away to where we have our equipment. Bending over the camera box I am concious of another person approaching the the same bus stop & from behind the woman with the piglet. Half-turning to take a somewhat disinterested look, I see a a woman, much younger carrying a baby in her arms. This could lead to a frightening situation. The woman with the baby approaches further & the two are soon level. She hasn't turned her head yet. I slowly pick up the camera & view them thtough the viewfinder. Suddenly the one with the child opens her mouth wide, making a strange sound, clutches the child tightly & stares wide-eyed at the piglet woman. She then swings from side to side not knowing what to do. The expression on the face of this woman seeing another clutching a small pig as she holds her child is terrifying.

A bus arrives. They both board but with a considerable distance between them.

Return to base, inform ' Tonight ' of additional material. Baverstock lets it be known - NO WAY !!

( This would have made me a fortune with the 'gutter press ' had they been 'still ' pictures - not that I would have )
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gamba View Post
    Return to base, inform ' Tonight ' of additional material. Baverstock lets it be known - NO WAY !!
    Too much like Hammer House of Horror. Shortly before, the woman with the baby had passed the woman with the piglet and it had been ... a baby ...
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• gamba
      Late member
      • Dec 2010

True though & very chilling at the time.

Comment

• salymap
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Thanks gamba, I wish I'd been in the bus queue.

Welcome back

It's a longtime since I read 'Alice' but wasn't there a pig-change in that?
        Last edited by salymap; 14-07-13, 17:58.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Wonderful stuff.

Reminds me of episode of Seinfeld in which Kramer thinks he sees a pigman in hospital...

Comment

• jean
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Reminds me of

Comment

• amateur51

Great story, once again beautifully told gamba ;ela:

For some reason it reminds me of The League of Gentlemen's tales of Royston Vasey

Comment

• Beef Oven

Stick an apple in its mouth, wipe its bottom and chuck it on the BBQ.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by jean View Post
                  Reminds me of
                  Much better. Funnily enough I had a thought form about the headscarf, but couldn't pin it down....

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
                    Stick an apple in its mouth, wipe its bottom and chuck it on the BBQ.
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                    X