X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

Well, I thought that was frankly ridiculous. Who's 'alive', who's 'dead', ambitious sex between the sort of living and the sort of 'dead', hidden communities of those who have been either killers or were victims for yonks and ......... Victor dying up his left arm?

I mean ...........does anyone have a clue what's going on??

Comment, mes braves?

Comment

• Mr Pee
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
      I mean ...........does anyone have a clue what's going on??

Comment, mes braves?
      Surely that's the point? If we all knew what was going on there'd be no point in watching the rest of the series......
      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• DracoM
        Host
        • Mar 2007

Hmm.

Comment

• Anna

Has everyone stopped watching this?

I thought the episode before last got us nowhere, I wanted to see more of Mme. Costa, she knew Victor's parents, she died a year after him, she said they were good people. How did she die? Why did her husband, after she came back, set fire to the house and commit suicide, was he Serge's accomplice?
          Simon's suicide - described as a tragic accident - was Thomas involved?
          What is the relationship between Pierre and the Priest why did he shop Simon?
          Why is the undead's flesh rotting?
          Why are they going round and round the dam and cannot escape?
          Why am I asking these questions - last episode tomorrow - will all be revealed or do we have to wait for Series II !!
          Best spooky stuff I've seen for a while.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

If it wasn't for the fact that I know many of you speak better French than moi, I'd be inclined to believe that the sub titles are actually deliberately misleading the audience Anglaise (a pesky French trick)....my son and moi have almost dislocated our eyelids due to the number of times and degree of raising our eyes at the plot and general obtuse thrust of The Returned....I guess we watch it as a bonding experience....
            bong ching

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              Has everyone stopped watching this?

I thought the episode before last got us nowhere, I wanted to see more of Mme. Costa, she knew Victor's parents, she died a year after him, she said they were good people. How did she die? Why did her husband, after she came back, set fire to the house and commit suicide, was he Serge's accomplice?
              Simon's suicide - described as a tragic accident - was Thomas involved?
              What is the relationship between Pierre and the Priest why did he shop Simon?
              Why is the undead's flesh rotting?
              Why are they going round and round the dam and cannot escape?
              Why am I asking these questions - last episode tomorrow - will all be revealed or do we have to wait for Series II !!
              Best spooky stuff I've seen for a while.
              No I'm watching avidly! The creepy unanswered questions are part of the charm. I thought the way they are slowly becoming zombified i.e. rotting away, is great - likewise the eerie final scenes on the dam, trying to escape And what the **** is happening under the water in that damned reservoir...?!

But I can't see how they're going wrap it up an a way that isn't a disappointment, unless it becomes as you say a cliff-hanger tease for the second series...
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• mangerton
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                If it wasn't for the fact that I know many of you speak better French than moi, I'd be inclined to believe that the sub titles are actually deliberately misleading the audience Anglaise (a pesky French trick)....my son and moi have almost dislocated our eyelids due to the number of times and degree of raising our eyes at the plot and general obtuse thrust of The Returned....I guess we watch it as a bonding experience....
                I suspect the audience écossais and pays-de-gallois are being misled aussi. I think it's their accents. Still, it is satisfyingly spooky, and I suspect there will be many questions left unanswered for a series deux.

OT - does anyone know when Sherlock will return? I see the death episode is being repeated on Friday.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
                  OT - does anyone know when Sherlock will return? I see the death episode is being repeated on Friday.
                  It seems Sherlock returns on October 31st.

I assume all have caught up with Les Revs? I didn't find the ending a disappointment, how could all loose ends be tied up with the knowledge of a second series.

However, the more you watched the more you didn't know. Why did Victor cause the coach crash? Mme. Costa (and why was her husband so terrified of her he commited suicide?) foretold the drowned would take revenge - well they have in that the new town was flooded, what further revenge will they want? Is there a new town to be built? Who pulled Serge under the water and why was he not reunited with the other living dead? Will Toni rise again? Will Adele's baby cause a tug-of-love? What about Creepy Pierre and The Resurrection he believes in?
                  Frankly, I don't know but I have enjoyed all episodes.

But, what worries me most is the delay in filming - it starts in February '14 for transmission in the Autumn. The actor who plays Victor is 10 years old, will he still be the Victor we have known and grown to love once hormones have got to work?

(Off-topic: I thought the new C4 offering The Mill was absolute rubbish)

Comment

• DracoM
                    Host
                    • Mar 2007

I fear that after a promising beginning, Les Revs totally lost its way and turned into a joke.
                    Far too many characters, far too many issues, far too many crossed wires, very silly use of Victor who turned into a doll. Massively disappointing conclusion.

Surprised at Canal - usually fairly decent stuff. Not this time.

Comment

• Mr Pee
                      • Nov 2010

I fear that after a promising beginning, Les Revs totally lost its way and turned into a joke.
                      Far too many characters, far too many issues, far too many crossed wires, very silly use of Victor who turned into a doll. Massively disappointing conclusion.

Sorry, don't agree. I thought it got more interesting and intriguing the further we got into the series, and the conclusion was gripping and unpredictable.

Roll on Series 2!
                      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• edashtav
                        • Jul 2012

Spot on, DracoM!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                          • Nov 2010

Sounds interesting....http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23572589
                          bong ching

Comment

• amateur51

Very interesting, eighth

Comment

• Alain Maréchal
                              • Dec 2010

Forgive my scepticism, if that's the right word, but if "The 10-part TV series, for US channel FX, will involve brand new characters and a new scenario" in what way are they "turning their Oscar-winning movie Fargo into a TV series".? To me that sounds like a completely new show with the same name.

That is rather like writing a tv show about detectives with a view of an office carpark, calling it Rear Window and claiming it as a remake.
                              Last edited by Alain Maréchal; 06-08-13, 10:55. Reason: improved syntax

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                                • Nov 2010

I was refering to their general ability to create something good....Fargo being one of their better efforts....
                                bong ching

Comment

Working...
                                X