X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

SBC - Berlin in the 20s and 30s talks

MBers may be interested in this link to audio files of talks from the recent SBC weekend event on Berlin in the 20s and 30s:

(there are also other talks under the 'Explore' tab under the headings of Here Comes the 20th Century and Paris)
  • LeMartinPecheur
    • Apr 2007

I've put a message on the "What was your Last Concert" thread about Friday's QEH concert by a small Berlin PO ensemble, mainly featuring Weimar cabaret songs.

Odd but most enjoyable, even though it was bought 'sight unseen' as to programme and I had rather hoped for more Brecht lyrics, as set by Weill and Eisler particularly.
    I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• aeolium
      • Nov 2010

Yes, LMP, I saw your comment on the BPO cabaret concert which sounded interesting (I was unable to get to it and I thought anyway it might have been sold out, both the BPO and cabaret being quite popular draws). There is incidentally a talk on Brecht's Composers in the link I posted - I didn't attend it as it clashed with something else I wanted to see. There's also the very good introduction to serialism lecture by Jonathan Cross that I did attend.

Comment

• amateur51

Many thanks for the alert to these interesting links, aeolium.

Comment

Working...
        X