Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

I am currently on a 4 month free offer for SKY, including footy, Sky Arts etc.
    I have to say, and not just to wind Mr Pee up, that the quality of SkyArts has plummeted in the last 2 years.
    If the current availability of live footy via free internet streams continue, I think Sky will have to look hard at their funding model.
    I have probably had Sky for around two thirds of the last ten years, and never paid more than half price.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Mr Pee
      • Nov 2010

I do like a lot of the drama and comedy, particularly on Sky Atlantic. I don't really give two hoots about football, Formula One is my sport and the F1 channel is now the only place to see the full season live,which they cover extremely well, along with some excellent supplemental programmes.

As for Sky Arts "Rieu"- well, as I said;I admit defeat. Mr Pee is off for a meal of humble pie...

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Mines a pint
        followed by a dozen oysters
        and a performance of this

This is a short clip about the great piece for clarinet and sine wave by American composer Alvin Lucier.The images are taken during our Lucier's portrait con...

by mr Pee on the legendary green clarinet

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
          Mines a pint
          followed by a dozen oysters
          and a performance of this

This is a short clip about the great piece for clarinet and sine wave by American composer Alvin Lucier.The images are taken during our Lucier's portrait con...

by mr Pee on the legendary green clarinet

What Youtube was invented for, surely.
          It would get a hit from me !!
          Serious question for Peester, can you get F1 on internet streams?
          Don't want to see it, just interested, like.
          Although I have seen Nigel Mansells car. It was red. And small.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• gingerjon
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            the quality of SkyArts has plummeted in the last 2 years.
            I do think you're right. I think Sky has put what little budget it bothers to spend on 'quality' on to Sky Atlantic and a couple of commissions for Sky One.

Certainly there used to be a lot more opera and 'niche' arts and now there's ... well, lots of our Andre and 'classic album' slots.
            The best music is the music that persuades us there is no other music in the world-- Alex Ross

Comment

• gingerjon
              • Sep 2011

can you get F1 on internet streams?
              Yes.

But I'd have your anti-virus up to date and be prepared to be offered an amazing array of Russian brides.
              The best music is the music that persuades us there is no other music in the world-- Alex Ross

Comment

• gingerjon
                • Sep 2011

can you get F1 on internet streams?
                Yes.

But I'd have your anti-virus up to date and be prepared to be offered an amazing array of Russian brides.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gingerjon View Post
                  Yes.

football offers similar opportunities, GJ !!

Comment

Working...
                  X