• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jean
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Oh Salutarius Hosta, Diana (Radio 4)

According to Radio Times. 11.30 tonight. One of a series of 'History Plays'.

I suppose the title is a joke...but what sort of a joke? And will anyone get it?

Or maybe it's just a mistake. I see the programme's been on before, and last time they got it right:

• Simon

Not much of a joke, if it was. I'd go for error.

But if it wasn't, we should be thankful they didn't carry it on - "Da robur, fern auxilium".

Comment

• amateur51

I heard this and thought it was a very tight production - and mordantly funny

Comment

• jean
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

I haven't heard it yet , but I see from the iPlayer listing page that the bad Latin of the title as given in RT must have been just a mistake.

Comment

• amateur51

I didn't see the title as I heard it by serendipity last evening and managed to stay awake all the way through.

Having watched Toby Jones' and Imelda Staunton's performances as Alfred Hitchcock and Alma Reville (Mrs Hitchcock) in BBCTV's gruesome film about Hitchcock's relationship with Tippi Hedren The Girl, it came as rather a shock to learn the identity of the actors at the end.

Considering one of the themes of this radio play in the light of the fate of one of Hirchcock's other collaborators, Anthony Perkins, was rather uncomfortable too.

Comment

Working...
          X