X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Pee
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    Only Dartmoor. I found it difficult to believe New Mexico looks like that!

And it turns out it was South Africa, anyway... http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/med...ey-atwell.html
    Yes, I knew it was South Africa- but it looked a heck of a lot more like New Mexico than Dartmoor!! (And I have been to both those places).

Overall, I really enjoyed this- the second part just flew by, I was so engrossed by it. At first I thought that Morris Deveruex was the traitor, but once he'd been bumped off it seemed that Romer was the only suspect. That final face-off between Romer and Delectorskaya was edge of the seat stuff. Gambon superbly portrayed Romer's gradual realisation that the game was up.

BBC highlight of Christmas for me!!

(Edit:- And I loved the cars! Which reminds me-why weren't we treated to a Top Gear Christmas special this year? )
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Bax-of-Delights
      • Nov 2010

1940 London scene identified by an LT red bus in the background. Trouble was it was a Routemaster which didn't come into full service until the 60's...

And the "P" reg Roller which would have only been registered in September 1975 and therefore not to be seen in the height of summer of that year (but I'll let that one go).
      O Wort, du Wort, das mir Fehlt!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Bax-of-Delights View Post
        1940 London scene identified by an LT red bus in the background. Trouble was it was a Routemaster which didn't come into full service until the 60's...

And the "P" reg Roller which would have only been registered in September 1975 and therefore not to be seen in the height of summer of that year (but I'll let that one go).
        One would have thought the production team could have borrowed vehicles contemporaneous with the times portrayed. Surely the LT Museum would have a double-decker from 1940?

Comment

• jean
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Hornspieler View Post
          Indeed, why was Alfie shot? Was he in league with Romer? Or the Russians? Or just between Eva and the door?
          We saw him signalling through the curtains to someone in the street outside, didn't we - and so did Eva.

I couldn't see how the sudden appearance of detectives looking for Ruth's former lover with his Baader-Meinhof connections, followed by the sudden appearance and subsequent disappearance of the man himself, related to the rest of it.

Did I miss something?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by jean View Post
            We saw him signalling through the curtains to someone in the street outside, didn't we - and so did Eva.
            Yes; I think it was Romer. But wouldn't a thwack on the head with the revolver have sufficed - given Eva's reluctance and "apology" to Alfie's corpse? It seemed unnecessary and out of character to me.

I couldn't see how the sudden appearance of detectives looking for Ruth's former lover with his Baader-Meinhof connections, followed by the sudden appearance and subsequent disappearance of the man himself, related to the rest of it.
            Did I miss something?
            Oh! I'd forgotten about him! If there was any relevance here, then we both missed it, Jean.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
            X