X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

Placido Domingo ROH gala on BBC4

I have been enjoying this but was somewhat surprised to hear from Katie Derham that Donizetti wrote La Donna del Lago - I always thought it was Rossini .
  • Flosshilde
    • Nov 2010

Perhaps he wrote La Donna del Lager?

Comment

• kernelbogey
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
      Perhaps he wrote La Donna del Lager?

Wot, our Stella?

Comment

• David-G
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
        I have been enjoying this but was somewhat surprised to hear from Katie Derham that Donizetti wrote La Donna del Lago - I always thought it was Rossini .
        Oh dear!

Comment

• Mandryka

I enjoyed it, but fell asleep (it had been a long day....( during the Nina Stemme section. What did she sing?

Katie Derham is OK, but too physically attractive to be a presenter of arts programmes: she'd be fine fronting content-free tat on ITV, but on BBC4 she's a bit out of her depth. She really should have known enough to overrule her stupid researcher on the subject of who wrote.....Lago.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
            I enjoyed it, but fell asleep (it had been a long day....( during the Nina Stemme section. What did she sing?

Katie Derham is OK, but too physically attractive to be a presenter of arts programmes: she'd be fine fronting content-free tat on ITV, but on BBC4 she's a bit out of her depth. She really should have known enough to overrule her stupid researcher on the subject of who wrote.....Lago.
            Tannhauser Dich teure Halle

I think KD is technically not a good presenter on radio. She drops her voice at the end of sentences and swallows her words. As the last words of a sentence are frequently the name of the artist, I'm often left shouting "Who?" at the radio. Her pronunciation of words in other languages is exaggerated, and often gabbled. As has been observed before, she pronounces "orchestra" like Sean Connery.

Apart from that she's fine.

Comment

Working...
            X