X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resurrection Man
    • Sep 2024

Inside Claridges

What a fascinating insight into this venerable institution. The dedication of the staff and sheer attention to detail was very refreshing and going behind the scenes revelatory. Love the Art Deco of the building as well. Must start saving up to spend a night there!
  • mercia
    • Nov 2010

yes I did watch these programmes, rather as someone might go to the zoo to stare at the wild animals, out of fascinated curiosity - people who can afford to spend £5000 per night on hotel accommodation are completely alien to me - they might as well be on a different planet - but I guess good luck to them, I'm not remotely envious - I almost felt sorry for the elderly American couple who during their two-week stay never actually left the hotel and appeared to just sit in their rooms all day reading the newspaper.
    Last edited by mercia; 30-12-12, 03:20.

Comment

• Mr Pee
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
      What a fascinating insight into this venerable institution. The dedication of the staff and sheer attention to detail was very refreshing and going behind the scenes revelatory. Love the Art Deco of the building as well. Must start saving up to spend a night there!
      I agree, I loved the series. The thing that struck me about the staff was that they all seemed so dedicated to the Hotel itself, almost as though it were a second home and family. I would love to spend a night or two there myself.

The top suite at Claridge's is some 6,000 per night- well, a similar one at the Lanesborough at Marble Arch is 15,000 per night, and in a recent series on Sky in which Richard E. Grant took a look at top hotels around the world, he showed us a suite in New York- can't remember the Hotel- which was $50,000 per night. Makes Claridges look like a bargain!!
      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

I watched the episode where the Danish restaurant Noma took over for a month, and the dining experience included eating four live ants (I missed the exact species, but they had to be caught, flown in from Denmark and kept alive. At one stage the chefs were dissatisfied with their lamb stock, and poured it down the drain, where it solidified, causing a flood in the basement.

As mercia says, fascinated curiosity.

Comment

Working...
        X