• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinteuil
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    South Walians live and die rugby.
    ... well, my mother's father was from South Wales - and little rugby was to be found in his interests.

Mind you, they was church not chapel, and being from Kidwelly and Narberth were practically Little-England-Beyond-Wales* already ...

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_...d_beyond_Wales

Comment

• Northender

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      Hello? Excuse me? Scarlets (my team) we lost v Ospreys - some village idiot competiton you think? How very dare you! You live in Wales, is not rugby in your blood?
      I don't think Derek Bevan had the best of evenings.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by vinteuil;206733Little-England-Beyond-Wales* [url
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_England_beyond_Wales[/url]
        We even have our own "beyond Wales" rock sea lavender round here

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
          We even have our own "beyond Wales" rock sea lavender round here
          Basically Richard, you are for us or against us. A poncey lavender don't cut the mustard down by here amongst those no-good Boyos!!
          And, now, offline.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

They showed the last episode on BBC2 Wales last night - I turned the box on expecting to catch "The Thick of It", also starring Roger Allam. Tough on anyone who might have missed the announcement of when they planned to show it after bumping it in favour of....bites tongue, note to self, stop trying to wind Anna up.

Seriously, typical of the cavalier attitude of BBC Wales where sport is concerned. Before I had satellite I used to phone up the duty officer to complain about this sort of thing.

Comment

• Northender

Reminiscent of the BBC2 decision to delay the start of Richard II because of overrunning tennis.

Comment

• mercia
                • Nov 2010

will Parade's End win a BAFTA ?

Gerard O’Donovan weighs up the runners and riders ahead of Sunday’s Bafta TV Awards 2013.

Comment

Working...
                X