X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sgjames
    • Sep 2024

O Winston Link - Trains that Passed in the Night

A recent upload of this wonderful film about the American railway photographer O Winston Link - 'Trains that Passed in
    the Night'. It was directed by the British filmmaker Paul Yule and was first shown on Channel 4 in 1990:

My favourite moments: "It doesn't matter what it cost, it had to be done".... "First the trains disappeared, then the towns disappeared"..."The first day we ...

This film predates the troubled events surrounding O Winston Link's second marriage late in his life. Paul Yule made a
    further film in 2005 covering this subject - 'The Photographer, His Wife and her Lover'.
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by sgjames View Post
    A recent upload of this wonderful film about the American railway photographer O Winston Link - 'Trains that Passed in
    the Night'. It was directed by the British filmmaker Paul Yule and was first shown on Channel 4 in 1990:

My favourite moments: "It doesn't matter what it cost, it had to be done".... "First the trains disappeared, then the towns disappeared"..."The first day we ...

This film predates the troubled events surrounding O Winston Link's second marriage late in his life. Paul Yule made a
    further film in 2005 covering this subject - 'The Photographer, His Wife and her Lover'.
    Thanks so much for this, sg. I had this on an old video and used to love to watch it. Went to an exhibition of his photographs on the back of it. Wonderful. I'll be looking this out again.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

What a treat...even better than I recalled...and here's Rural Retreat from December 1957, described in the doc.
      Train 42 'The Pelican' "A Southern Railway Train" headed by Norfolk and Western 4-8-4 Class J 603 arrives at Rural Retreat, VA eastbound from New Orleans to ...

Comment

Working...
      X