• Show
Clear All
  • Lat-Literal
    • Aug 2015

Lichfield Cathedral

This:

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

……..following on from these:

Star of Wonder a spectacular Christmas sound and light show by LUXMURALIS - The Cathedral Illuminated 2017. Son et lumiere transforming the interior and exte...

…….and drawing huge numbers.

Is this the future for significant buildings of religion in this country?

And do I love it or dislike it?

Can't make up my mind.
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

The French have been doing this sort of thing for years...some of it very sophisticated technically, creating holograms and synchronised with music. The entire city of Le Mans, including the Cathedral and the Roman City Walls, was thus illuminated this Summer after 10pm. Furthermore it was tasteful and not Disney-esque. So it's a thumbs up from me.

This.....

La Cité Plantagenêt se pare de projections tous les soirs de l'été, dès la nuit tombée. Un parcours gratuit, pour mieux découvrir la vieille ville du Mans.

...doesn't begin to show its magnificence.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
      The French have been doing this sort of thing for years...some of it very sophisticated technically, creating holograms and synchronised with music. The entire city of Le Mans, including the Cathedral and the Roman City Walls, was thus illuminated this Summer after 10pm. Furthermore it was tasteful and not Disney-esque. So it's a thumbs up from me.

This.....

La Cité Plantagenêt se pare de projections tous les soirs de l'été, dès la nuit tombée. Un parcours gratuit, pour mieux découvrir la vieille ville du Mans.

...doesn't begin to show its magnificence.
      I didn't realise that this was being done in France.

Thanks very much for it.

Comment

Working...
      X