X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antongould
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
    I'm enjoying the series, I have to say, and I'm looking forward to the finale.
    Me too Stan .........

Comment

• LezLee
      • Apr 2019

My friend on the Goodreads forum says her mum was in Stockport town centre today and found herself in the middle of the set of a new BBC sitcom. It's called 'Scarborough' but it would appear no-one has pointed out a certain incongruity.

A guide to Scarborough, the 2019 BBC One TV sitcom. Sitcom series about a small handful of residents in Scarborough who meet most nights in a bar.
      Last edited by LezLee; 30-04-19, 21:43.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
        My friend on the Goodreads forum says her mum was in Stockport town centre today and found herself in the middle of a the set of a new BBC sitcom. It's called 'Scarborough' but it would appear no-one has pointed out a certain incongruity.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/scarborough/
        Scarborough UNfair, then...

Comment

• LMcD
          • Sep 2017

Tucked away (2245 on Friday) on ITV 1, a new series of 'Tim Marlow's Great Art'. The first in the series was a fascinating programme on the young Picasso. Among the many interesting things I learned was that 'Les Demoiselles d'Avignon' is as much about Spain as it is about France.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
            Tucked away (2245 on Friday) on ITV 1, a new series of 'Tim Marlow's Great Art'. The first in the series was a fascinating programme on the young Picasso. Among the many interesting things I learned was that 'Les Demoiselles d'Avignon' is as much about Spain as it is about France.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Stanfordian
              • Dec 2010

Line of Duty - gripping!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

Line of Duty - gripping!
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Conchis
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2014

Line of Duty - gripping!
                  And looks like it's going to go on forever!

Comment

• LezLee
                    • Apr 2019

Told ya!

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2011

spoiler alert...LoD....

Far too neat & contrived, Ted's innocence far too obvious, interview room final switch-reveal too facile, odd anticlimax when building not stormed to rescue Biggeloe, little-twist-stabbing at the end all-too-obviously a lead into next series....

Which will have to really reinvent itself.... Homeland on C4 managed this against all odds, but LoD....?
                      I'm not all that bothered anymore about who H actually is, or was....(ludicrous gang-of-four morse code-reveal-next series-"cliffhanger" notwithstanding....)....

Comment

• Conchis
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                        spoiler alert...LoD....

Far too neat & contrived, Ted's innocence far too obvious, interview room final switch-reveal too facile, odd anticlimax when building not stormed to rescue Biggeloe, little-twist-stabbing at the end all-too-obviously a lead into next series....

Which will have to really reinvent itself.... Homeland on C4 managed this against all odds, but LoD....?
                        I'm not all that bothered anymore about who H actually is, or was....(ludicrous gang-of-four morse code-reveal-next series-"cliffhanger" notwithstanding....)....
                        I'll admit, that nearly made me roll my eyes. I'm sure all sorts of people in their death throes tap out morse code signals.....

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Good extended review in today's Times. As Carol Midgley says, top-notch acting by Adrian Dunbar in last night's episode, clear a space on the mantlepiece for that BAFTA, fella. Excellent female leads in Anna Maxwell Martin and Polly Walker, and Kate Fleming finally got a couple of decent lines.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

The facial expression transformations during the interviews certainly call for an Oscar!

Comment

• LezLee
                              • Apr 2019

In the excellent Radio Times article on Adrian Dunbar he says that Martin Compston, whose natural accent is broad Greenock, speaks pure 'Estuary' for the whole of Line Of Duty, even off set. Until, that is, they have a late night party when at 1 o'clock in the morning he lapses into Scots and no-one can understand a word!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                                spoiler alert...LoD....

Which will have to really reinvent itself....
                                Yes quite agree.

I thought Anna Maxwell Martin mopped the floor with all of them in terms of acting - best thing about it, the glacial passive-aggressive 'murder whiles I smile' thing got me all worked up like nothing else in this season of LoD
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X