• Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
    Those raucous crowds always put me in mind of Caliban
    My heart missed a beat there, jayne....

But I see what you mean
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      Hard to get that final shot on the jetty out of ones head.......
      ....in which case NEVER watch the 'Box Cutter' episode in Breaking Bad....
      bong ching

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        Hard to get that final shot on the jetty out of ones head.......
        Yes - it really stuck in my craw, too.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          Yes - it really stuck in my craw, too.
          Not half as much as it stuck in hers, ferney!

Still enjoying 'Race across the World' on BBC2 as the teams balance the need to go as quickly and cheaply as possible with stopping to try to earn some money and discover the local culture. This episode, which took the teams from South China across the Vietnam border and on into Cambodia, was particularly interesting as teams chose different strategies in the penultimate stage to the £20,000 prize awaiting in Singapore...and in the end I found it pretty exciting. Particularly interested to see how the relationship between the father and son has grown over the 7 weeks so far.
          Last edited by johncorrigan; 03-04-19, 23:15.

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Border Country on BBC Four tonight. Brought back memories I'd rather were not created in the first place. Good that it reminded of the social discriminatory context that gave rise to 'The Troubles'.

Comment

• MrGongGong
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
              Border Country on BBC Four tonight. Brought back memories I'd rather were not created in the first place. Good that it reminded of the social discriminatory context that gave rise to 'The Troubles'.

A very timely programme showing what some folks in Westminster are quite happy for the folks in Ireland to return to.

Comment

• Conchis
                Banned
                • Jun 2014

Most people seem to think that the new Line Of Duty has started well. Insofar as I intended to watch the next episode, I would agree.

I did question how easily the heroin convoy stopped to help the 'mother in distress', though.....

Comment

• Stanfordian
                  • Dec 2010

The Bay

Comment

• LMcD
                    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                    The Bay
                    We decided to give this a try because Morven Christie was so brilliant as the mother in 'The A Word' on BBC recently.
                    While it's not as gripping as 'Broadchurch', with which it has inevitably been compared, it's kept us interested enough to keep watching. The overall standard of acting is pretty high, I would say.

Comment

• Stanfordian
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                      We decided to give this a try because Morven Christie was so brilliant as the mother in 'The A Word' on BBC recently.
                      While it's not as gripping as 'Broadchurch', with which it has inevitably been compared, it's kept us interested enough to keep watching. The overall standard of acting is pretty high, I would say.
                      My attention is wondering with 'The Bay', I must admit.
                      Last edited by Stanfordian; 05-04-19, 13:33.

Comment

• LezLee
                        • Apr 2019

I’m not completely gripped by ‘The Bay’. I must say I’m getting a bit tired of all the female lead characters in dramas being quite dislikeable - ‘The Cry’, ‘Cheat’, and now ‘The Bay’. I never have any empathy with any of them.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

Last night BBC1 started a re-run of the most recent series of 'Would I Lie to You'. If you didn't catch it last time, and even if you did, try to catch the wonderful performance of Bob Mortimer talking about Chris Rea and a bath - my face was sore laughing - and even better, David Mitchell's reaction. Great episode.

Comment

• antongould
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                            Last night BBC1 started a re-run of the most recent series of 'Would I Lie to You'. If you didn't catch it last time, and even if you did, try to catch the wonderful performance of Bob Mortimer talking about Chris Rea and a bath - my face was sore laughing - and even better, David Mitchell's reaction. Great episode.
                            https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...s-12-episode-1
                            My sole purpose on here is to say indeed to JC posts ..... but it is absolutely magic ......

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                              Gone fishin'
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                              My sole purpose on here is to say indeed to JC posts ..... but it is absolutely magic ......
                              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                                • Nov 2010

....I always thought I was a current affairs junkie, but one thing I have noticed {inc a prolonged month long being fairly much cut adrift by illness for a month and on settee} Through watching Parliam,ent Channel 232 and BBC News 231 is that an enormous amount of Dosh being spent on News....6 or 7 Brussels corres', 2 Strasburg etc etc COllosal; mounts (at £50-100 K per corres')....In Uk 50 Presenters of one kind and another etc etc....travel, expenses + camera crews and producers and producers ass', rresearchers....blaa blaa etc etc....GOODNESS, People being dragged in that I haven't seen for years.....a deluge 20+ different weather people, just on Network TV....etc etc

....May I put in a word of thanks and admiration to Ruth Fox and Mark D'Arcy who have given succinct and unhysterical commentary and guidance on the Parliament Channel.
                                bong ching

Comment

Working...
                                X