Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

....well we will await the TV rendering of "The Failing Govt" no doubt on the screens before the end of 2020....as with Blair/ Brown....Boris/ Gove....Referendum....2010 Cameron/Clegg....Judy Dench as TMay of course....Olivia Coleman angry she didn't get the role of PM settles for Anna Soubry....
    bong ching

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
      ....well we will await the TV rendering of "The Failing Govt" no doubt on the screens before the end of 2020....as with Blair/ Brown....Boris/ Gove....Referendum....2010 Cameron/Clegg....Judy Dench as TMay of course....Olivia Coleman angry she didn't get the role of PM settles for Anna Soubry....

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
        Will it be out before the end of May, prepare for casting of clouts!

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          Will it be out before the end of May, prepare for casting of clouts!
          You've nailed it....

Ian Holm as David 'Frodo' Livington....
          bong ching

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            Part 4 of "Cheat", ITV's Drama of the Week, comes on tonight. Last night's episode left me with a feeling I'm increasingly getting from TV dramas these days: one of couldn't really give a damn what happens to any of the characters, in what is turning out to be a pretty dismal portrayal of supposedly intelligent but self-destructive human beings. Could this be a right-wing plot?

I shall only be watching tonight because it is the final episode.
            Yes, ditto - kind of grimly addictive, not because of emotional attachment to the characters (all of whom are self-destructively stupid, or worse) but out of curiosity to see how the screenwriters are going to work out the twists of the story. Also I would say that the performance of Molly Windsor as the wide-eyed manipulative psycho student is pretty compelling: making the understated most of the role in a memorable way (reminiscent of Jodie Comer as Villanelle in Killing Eve)

That, plus some pretty shots of Cambridge...
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• LMcD
              • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
              Part 4 of "Cheat", ITV's Drama of the Week, comes on tonight. Last night's episode left me with a feeling I'm increasingly getting from TV dramas these days: one of couldn't really give a damn what happens to any of the characters, in what is turning out to be a pretty dismal portrayal of supposedly intelligent but self-destructive human beings. Could this be a right-wing plot?

I shall only be watching tonight because it is the final episode.
              For us, this is THE acid test for any TV drama. Recent examples of series which have failed this test for us include the new Richard Gere vehicle, The Split and Traitors.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                Banned
                • Jul 2011

Oh dear, oh dear.... the whole long Commons day seems to have ended in the same confusion, the same entrenched positions and..... great groans of intense ennui...
                Because The May Deal is...going to return next week for another...."meaningful vote..". MARCH 29 gets ever closer....

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                  Oh dear, oh dear.... the whole long Commons day seems to have ended in the same confusion, the same entrenched positions and..... great groans of intense ennui...
                  Because The May Deal is...going to return next week for another...."meaningful vote..". MARCH 29 gets ever closer....
                  Bring back Guy Fawkes! - under a different banner, of course...

Comment

• oddoneout
                    • Nov 2015

What's with 'meaningful vote'? Have all the others been meaningless, in which case why bother, or is it only meaningful if it delivers the result the PM wants?
                    Can't help feeling it's just as well the calendar this year didn't make 31st March a working day...

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2011

Well at least the motion to request Brexit delay, presumably till 30 June, was passed by 412 to 202...
                      For this relief much thanks...

There is an enjoyable hubris given that the uncompromising fanaticism of the ERG and other hardliners have "given back control" to the EU to some extent.... even now, Farage and other serpents are in Brussels trying to persuade various EU governments to block any extension....

(I do love watching John Bercow roaring things out... he gives good box-office, doesn't he..?)

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                        • Nov 2010

Well at least the motion to request Brexit delay, presumably till 30 June, was passed by 412 to 202...

There is an enjoyable hubris given that the uncompromising fanaticism of the ERG and other hardliners have "given back control" to the EU to some extent.... even now, Farage and other serpents are in Brussels trying to persuade various EU governments to block any extension....

(I do love watching John Bercow roaring things out... he gives good box-office, doesn't he..?)
                        ....Bercow was fantastic before the debate....explaining in succinct and deflecting terms and smarm his thinking behind choice of amendments.....ugly twisted politeness....
                        bong ching

Comment

• Stanfordian
                          • Dec 2010

Start up a Bercow fan club then!

Comment

• LMcD
                            • Sep 2017

May I suggest that a motion be presented to the House: 'That we proceed directly from March 28th to March 30th'. This should let everybody of the hook.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Have now just about caught all of 'Fleabag' season 1 and well worth it it was, as far as I'm concerned. Season 2 Episode 2 was just excellent TV. Wonderful performances throughout and terrific filming and writing. Starting to rival 'Detectorists' in my book, and that is praise of my highest order.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                                Gone fishin'
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                                Have now just about caught all of 'Fleabag' season 1 and well worth it it was, as far as I'm concerned. Season 2 Episode 2 was just excellent TV. Wonderful performances throughout and terrific filming and writing.
                                - I don't think that "fiction" TV has produced anything "better" than Fleabag: it's up there with the best of anything from the past. Uses the medium perfectly: a Novel perfectly "written" with TV "vocabulary", "grammar", "syntax" etc etc
                                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X