X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
    I haven’t been watching Fleabag but caught the last one and liked the look of it. My friends have been praising it so I’ll give it a go on catch-up.
    The best line I have heard in many years

"You want to know what a bassoon is? A bassoon is a CRY FOR HELP!"

Comment

• burning dog
      • Dec 2010

I can't help thinking of "Shatner's Bassoon"

Primarily Brass Eye rather than the band

"Brentalfloss, what inspired you to do your videos?" - Cake"Brentalfloss, where do you get your ideas for videos"? - Cake"Brentalfloss, what is the meaning o...

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by burning dog View Post
        I can't help thinking of "Shatner's Bassoon"

Primarily Brass Eye rather than the band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SyurgZ8GaQ

Both are rather good IMV

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post

Both are rather good IMV
          Is Victoria Sponge a euphemism???!!!

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
            Banned
            • Jul 2011

​Winter is Coming... anyone else preparing to to wait up for 0200HRs Monday...?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
              ​Winter is Coming... anyone else preparing to to wait up for 0200HRs Monday...?
              You mean the Albeniz Tango arranged by Shchedrin on TTN, jayne?

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                Banned
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                You mean the Albeniz Tango arranged by Shchedrin on TTN, jayne?
                Not quite...
                The trailer is here.#GameofThronesThe Final Season begins April 14 on HBO.

...I'm steeling myself to lose a cherished character or two, but just - don't hurt any more dragons...please...!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                  Not quite...
                  The trailer is here.#GameofThronesThe Final Season begins April 14 on HBO.

...I'm steeling myself to lose a cherished character or two, but just - don't hurt any more dragons...please...!
                  Ah. Not for me, I'm afraid.

Comment

• Dave2002
                    • Dec 2010

Just finished Trapped (series 2). I can hardly pick up any Icelandic at all!

Was it interesting? Yes - in a weird kind of way. Some things weren't terribly plausible, but it just about managed to hang together. The unravelling at the end did finally make some sense. Not the most cheerful series, and dedicated to the memory of the composer Johan Johansson who wrote the music. Mostly I felt it was just an electronic rendition of the Dies Irae - but perhaps there was a bit more to it than that. It was atmospheric enough and permeated all of the episodes.

Generally it moved rather slowly - but that's OK. The "Happy Families" scene at the funeral which took almost all of one episode was "interesting" to say the least, but that theme persisted right to the end.

Comment

• LMcD
                      • Sep 2017

I've come to the conclusion that 'Don't Forget The Driver' (BBC 2 10 p.m. Tuesdays) is an absolute masterpiece. It's a tragicomedy that uncompromisingly tackles uncomfortable subjects we'd probably prefer to avoid but still contains glimpses of brilliant comedy. Two highlights of last night's episode - you need to watch for these to make sense - were the 'I phone? No - Samsung' exchange and a leap (so to speak) from a real swimming pool into a 'virtual' one. And anybody who isn't worried by the decline in foreign language teaching in our schools will find food for thought. I think this might appeal in particular to Detectorists fans. Toby Jones is once again excellent.

Comment

• Stanfordian
                        • Dec 2010

BBC Four - 'The Prince and the Composer': A Film about Hubert Parry.

I really enjoyed watching this - I've seen the documentary four times now since I recorded it, I think, last Christmas time.

Comment

• LMcD
                          • Sep 2017

Has anybody else seen 'The Looming Tower' (BBC 2, 2130 Friday)? I was most impressed by the first episode, which quickly grabbed my attention and held it for the full 50 minutes. I shall certainly continue to watch even though I'm pretty certain that I know how it's going to end.... The complexity of the the events leading to 9/11 has not been disregarded, but conveyed so as to deliver a dramatically satisfactory storyline.

Comment

• Tevot
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                            Has anybody else seen 'The Looming Tower' (BBC 2, 2130 Friday)? I was most impressed by the first episode, which quickly grabbed my attention and held it for the full 50 minutes. I shall certainly continue to watch even though I'm pretty certain that I know how it's going to end.... The complexity of the the events leading to 9/11 has not been disregarded, but conveyed so as to deliver a dramatically satisfactory storyline.
                            Hello there LMcD,

I saw the Looming Tower last Summer ( it premiered in the US back in February 2018)- and imho it maintained its grip and focus for most of its 10 episodes which I viewed back to back. The cast was excellent and special mention must go to Jeff Daniels who impressed me throughout. I've actually got Lawrence Wright's book - but it has remained unread for the best part of three years or so since I bought it. I must find time somehow to read it as I'm sure it'll be full of fascinating and harrowing detail that the mini-series only hints at...

Best Wishes,

Tevot

Comment

• Stanfordian
                              • Dec 2010

The new series of 'Berlin Station' has started on More4. Gripping stuff!
                              Last edited by Stanfordian; 28-04-19, 15:20.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2011

Wonder how many people are throwing a sickie tomorrow after watching Sky 108 tonight 0200-0330.....

Winter is Here....

Comment

Working...
                                X