• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayne lee wilson
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    Hmm. It now looks like 2 million is possible by midnight tonight.
    Maybe something is really happening... tell anyone you know to do it.... rally round....

All the broadcast talk is still about "procedural matters", deals, and possibilities within EU and GB governmental circles. The petition is getting newscast mentions, but can the politicians really go on ignoring it?

See what happens on Newsnight...

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
      Maybe something is really happening... tell anyone you know to do it.... rally round....

All the broadcast talk is still about "procedural matters", deals, and possibilities within EU and GB governmental circles. The petition is getting newscast mentions, but can the politicians really go on ignoring it?

See what happens on Newsnight...
      At the rate of signing now, it may just make the 2 million during, or even before Newsnight.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

1,999,386 and counting. Probably over 2 million as I post.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

....i am finding it much more favourable if i mute when the PM speaks on TV....bliss...."Cake and Eat It" [thank you Boris]
          bong ching

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

View the 'Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.' Petition, broken down by constituency

For live update and breakdown by constituency.

Comment

• Maclintick
              • Jan 2012

1,999,386 and counting. Probably over 2 million as I post.
              Just now 2,002,344....

Comment

• Dave2002
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                ... and always useful to remember our old friend the Condorcet Paradox -

Thanks for reminding me. I was "merely" trying to find one constructive example of where voting procedures based on majorities can break down.
                Non transitivity is another possible factor. Normally we assume A>B, B>C => A>C but this doesn't always hold for some relations >.

The following sequence is possible:

I prefer Cherry pie to Apple Pie.
                I prefer Apple Pie to Ice cream.

but

I prefer Ice cream to Cherry pie

Actually I probably don't, but transitivity breakdown does happen quite often I think.

Comment

• Bella Kemp
                  • Aug 2014

Let's just hope that the whole wretched BREXIT is reversed. It has always seemed extraordinary to me that our decades of peace in Europe were so taken for granted that we believed them to be the result of a change in human behaviour rather than as a result of the complex peace treaty that is the essence of the EU.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Email just arrived from the portcullis headed site () telling me my vote has registered. Blimey - another 240k votes in the past half hour!

Comment

• Bryn
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                      Email just arrived from the portcullis headed site () telling me my vote has registered. Blimey - another 240k votes in the past half hour!
                      And the total has not been updated for 15 minutes.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bella Kemp View Post
                        Let's just hope that the whole wretched BREXIT is reversed. It has always seemed extraordinary to me that our decades of peace in Europe were so taken for granted that we believed them to be the result of a change in human behaviour rather than as a result of the complex peace treaty that is the essence of the EU.

Some people are easily fooled and convinced by those who seek to spread division.
                        Here, in Portugal, the folks i'm working with are seriously worried and perplexed by the whole nonsense.

Comment

• LMcD
                          • Sep 2017

I've just signed - 2.64 million and counting.....surely TM must realize that even if Mr Speaker changes his mind and her deal is voted through - both of which seem pretty unlikely - she will already have created an extraordinary degree of division and ill-will in the House of Commons, within her party and in the country at large - an outcome which seems not to concern her that much. Whatever happens now, the damage is done.

Comment

• gradus
                            • Nov 2010

On Today, Mr Farage has just alleged, presumably seriously but hard to judge, that the Russians have been at it again with the petition. They just can't help themselves.

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by gradus View Post
                              On Today, Mr Farage has just alleged, presumably seriously but hard to judge, that the Russians have been at it again with the petition. They just can't help themselves.
                              And , of course, he offered clear evidence.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...nt-theresa-may

Isn't that the paper Leon Bronstein used to write for?
                              Last edited by Bryn; 22-03-19, 10:48. Reason: Update

Comment

• LMcD
                                • Sep 2017

And , of course, he offered clear evidence.
                                I've found a rather amusing, but probably actionable, anagram of the gentleman's name. Without being too specific, I can say that you may require the services of an anagramgenius… (sic).

Comment

Working...
                                X