Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stanfordian
    • Dec 2010

I really enjoyed ITV's drama 'Cleaning Up' starring Sheridan Smith - splendid entertainment with a serious side.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
      I really enjoyed ITV's drama 'Cleaning Up' starring Sheridan Smith - splendid entertainment with a serious side.
      This morning it was mentioned that Sheridan Smith had only learned how to make a bed at the age of 25. Without making any blanket assertions, I think duvets were around, 12 years ago...

Comment

• Stanfordian
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        This morning it was mentioned that Sheridan Smith had only learned how to make a bed at the age of 25. Without making any blanket assertions, I think duvets were around, 12 years ago...

Sheridan's Smith's character was an awful cleaner. I wouldn't want her cleaning Stanford Towers.

Duvets, surely only in London!

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

.... Try getting the duvet right with a Cat still on it.....and if like me you tend to layer up the duvet(s) in Winter, you're pulling the Cat around with the duvet (s), with the human trying to keep warm under them and.... still it's a good excuse to go downstairs for a hot choccie....and the legendary Symphony at Dawn....

So when you finally go back to bed, the Cat is too sleepy to object to your own heat-seeking manoeuvres...
          Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 11-01-19, 21:36.

Comment

• DracoM
            Host
            • Mar 2007

TV recently seen - the unsurpassable Stephen Colbert.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Duvets, surely only in London!
              I remember my first duvet - in a hotel in Seefeld, Austria, in August 1968 - the chambermaids hung them out over the balcony railings in the morning to air.

Comment

• LMcD
                • Sep 2017

I, too, really enjoyed it. It has been criticised for factual inaccuracies relating to financial trading practice, but it IS entertainment, not a factual documentary or a hard-hitting Roger Cook-like expose. Sheridan Smith excels in every part she plays.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                  I, too, really enjoyed it. It has been criticised for factual inaccuracies relating to financial trading practice, but it IS entertainment, not a factual documentary or a hard-hitting Roger Cook-like expose. Sheridan Smith excels in every part she plays.
                  I remember the first time I saw her - must be about 18 years ago in a TV drama in which she was being forced into prostitution and kept imprisoned by a gang leader. She would have been about 20 then.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                    Gone fishin'
                    • Sep 2011

... she was being forced into prostitution and kept imprisoned by a gang leader.
                    That Suzy Klein gets everywhere!
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                      That Suzy Klein gets everywhere!
                      Steady now ferney, litigation could follow, adding Funen to the flames!

Comment

• LMcD
                        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                        Steady now ferney, litigation could follow, adding Funen to the flames!
                        More Nielsenesque funen games?

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2011

​True Detective 3.....

Nothing else quite like it is there.... ? The extraordinary trail Wayne follows, to the discovery of the boy, with all kinds of filmic resonances (e.g. Blair Witch...)...so many telling details of word and image.....Mahershala Ali....hypnotic presence... story-within-story referencing its own tradition in True-D-1....
                          Music, direction, writing, compulsive-viewing rating .....5plus...

And I'll watch ep 1 again before I watch ep 2..(but there's the TV Drama Series of Newsnight to attend to first...) ......not many series are worth that time and attention....

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                            ​True Detective 3.....

Nothing else quite like it is there.... ? The extraordinary trail Wayne follows, to the discovery of the boy, with all kinds of filmic resonances (e.g. Blair Witch...)...so many telling details of word and image.....Mahershala Ali....hypnotic presence... story-within-story referencing its own tradition in True-D-1....
                            Music, direction, writing, compulsive-viewing rating .....5plus...

And I'll watch ep 1 again before I watch ep 2..(but there's the TV Drama Series of Newsnight to attend to first...) ......not many series are worth that time and attention....
                            Would another referendum do you ? a new vote offering Remain/Mays Deal seems the logical choice to me.
                            Last edited by teamsaint; 14-01-19, 19:38.
                            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                              Good grief, that was a bit grim wasn't it? Already traumatised by the separation of Fantine and Cosette, I had to leave the room
                              when... well you know....

Not pulling its punches is it?
                              ("Pulling"....I wish I hadn't said "pulling...")....
                              Wondered last night, not for the first time, why the hell I was watching this. Beyond grim.

Comment

• LMcD
                                • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
                                Wondered last night, not for the first time, why the hell I was watching this. Beyond grim.
                                It's worth watching for Javert alone...and I hope we haven't seen the last of Olivia Colman, but fear that we have!

Comment

Working...
                                X