X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Braunschlag
    • Jul 2017

Below the Surface...not

I see that this weeks episodes (6-7) have been pulled by the queasy powers that be ‘in the light of recent....’. Whilst I have sympathy for these troubled times don’t they think we can make our own minds up? And it has taken half an hour to find out it had been pulled and why, rather furtively de-scheduled.
    A veritable twitterstorm on the BBC4 twit thing (no, I don’t twit myself), much of which I agree with.
    With that off my chest I found that the entire Bridge Seasins 1-3 have appeared on iplayer. Having not seen them first time around it’s more than adequate compensation. I should add that Salamander is also there too, did that lot yesterday. I’ve read that Bridge 4 and Salamander 2 are in the pipeline for broadcast soonish, unless.....
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

BBC is Nanny.
    And, of course, that is EXACTLY how to encourage terrorists - go into fear mode.

Blimey.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Yes - I've been enjoying this Taking of Pelham 4-5-6 / Die Another Day re-mix, and was annoyed it had been postponed.

Still - the Picasso documentary was worth watching. All three series of The Bridge shown so far have been excellent; looking forward to series 4 (even to the extent of avoiding the onvious pun) and very sad that it's to be the last - but Salamander ... stretched credibility to unintentionally hilarious extremes!
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Braunschlag
        • Jul 2017

I’ll concur regarding Salmander, even if I felt a guilty pleasure in seeing how bonkers it could possibly go. The final scene with what looked like the Three Musketeers leaping out of the black van and ‘tooling up’ really was far-fetched. I noticed that Klaus the villain has been resurrected as Professor T with the diamond dealer as his Dean, Jasper. The Bridge is indeed far better quality.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Braunschlag View Post
          I’ve read that Bridge 4 ... in the pipeline for broadcast soonish, unless.....
          Bridge 4 due for broadcast in May, I read. Do tackle the first 3 seasons in the meantime: top drawer stuff.

And yes I was surprised by the scheduling change to 'Below the Surface' (I agree, good series), which seems to me over-cautious.

Incidentally, here in the SE we have been summarily deprived of BBC4 HD (among a bundle of other channels, inc BBC News HD) on Freeview, due to transmitter reorganisation. A complete re-tune of the equipment should supposedly have done the trick but it hasn't. I'm awaiting Freeview's assistance... Anyone else had the same?
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• LMcD
            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
            Bridge 4 due for broadcast in May, I read. Do tackle the first 3 seasons in the meantime: top drawer stuff.

And yes I was surprised by the scheduling change to 'Below the Surface' (I agree, good series), which seems to me over-cautious.

Incidentally, here in the SE we have been summarily deprived of BBC4 HD (among a bundle of other channels, inc BBC News HD) on Freeview, due to transmitter reorganisation. A complete re-tune of the equipment should supposedly have done the trick but it hasn't. I'm awaiting Freeview's assistance... Anyone else had the same?
            Meanwhile, here on Freesat, we've been deprived of Channel 4 HD (useful for recording while watching most BBC Channels) and All4 (useful for catch-up). Nothing to do with transmitter changes, everything to do with money.

Comment

• kernelbogey
              • Nov 2010

These Danish security people don't seem very good at negotiating; and the reasons for their impasse seem unclear. At a superficial level I'm enjoying it, but the plot lines, and indeed parts of the dialogue, verge on the absurd. I know next to nothing about how to run an investigation of this kind but characters say things like 'Get Interpol to check' when you would imagine Interpol would have been asked automatically to check stuff as it comes through....

Also, the hostages look in in remarkably good shape on day 6. None of the clean-shaven men seems to have grown any stubble.....

Comment

Working...
              X