X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Bake-off and Celebrity

Let me just put my cards on the table - my default position is to run a mile from anything that says 'Bake-Off' or 'Celebrity'. However we were watching 'Gogglebox' on Friday and I spotted that Harry Hill was on 'Celebrity Bake-Off - Stand Up to Cancer'. For my money Harry Hill is either utterly rubbish or has the ability to have me falling off the chair laughing, so I thought I'd join the rest of the family around the programme later that evening. Can I say that it was one of the funniest bits of TV that I have seen in ages. Harry Hill was just in magnificent form and all the JC clan just wanted the programme to keep going to see what HH would do next. I'm still laughing at it!
  • Lat-Literal
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Let me just put my cards on the table - my default position is to run a mile from anything that says 'Bake-Off' or 'Celebrity'. However we were watching 'Gogglebox' on Friday and I spotted that Harry Hill was on 'Celebrity Bake-Off - Stand Up to Cancer'. For my money Harry Hill is either utterly rubbish or has the ability to have me falling off the chair laughing, so I thought I'd join the rest of the family around the programme later that evening. Can I say that it was one of the funniest bits of TV that I have seen in ages. Harry Hill was just in magnificent form and all the JC clan just wanted the programme to keep going to see what HH would do next. I'm still laughing at it!
    I don't like the context. Cookery programmes, celebrity programmes, medical charity programmes, especially when they are rolled into one. Mainly I prefer light entertainment to be pure escapism. I'm not even overly keen on Children in Need. On the basis of advertising, I am in little doubt that C4 has a funding arrangement with the charity you allude to. What especially irks me is that I feel we are not being told about the money flow in either direction. But I do agree that Harry Hill can be one of the best of the living comedians. I like him. This is probably because he is more old school. Gogglebox, which has its plus and minus points, is at least a good way of seeing highlights of programmes that may have been missed.

Comment

• Barbirollians
      • Nov 2010

Not my favourite format either but the Holiday with Camilla Parker Bowles show stopper was very funny.

Comment

Working...
      X