X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Rebecka Martinsson

Is anyone else trying to follow the Rebecka Martinsson series. Somewhat disorientating the way it moves between north and south Sweden, plus different times of year. Does the snow really stick around in the north in the summer? Possibly! That far north surely it should be dark in the winter - about 6 months - during the whole day, and light in the summer (also about 6 months) including the night.

Some interesting effects and ideas, but is the continuity making any sense?
  • greenilex
    • Nov 2010

Saw it yesterday for the first time...swimming under the ice in a frozen Arctic lake tends to have long lasting effects which were skated over.

Comment

• subcontrabass
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
      Is anyone else trying to follow the Rebecka Martinsson series. Somewhat disorientating the way it moves between north and south Sweden, plus different times of year. Does the snow really stick around in the north in the summer? Possibly! That far north surely it should be dark in the winter - about 6 months - during the whole day, and light in the summer (also about 6 months) including the night.

Some interesting effects and ideas, but is the continuity making any sense?
      This series covers the last four novels from a series of five, so there are jumps from one novel to the next. The first novel was made into a TV drama some years ago.

Overall I found this series disappointing.

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by greenilex View Post
        Saw it yesterday for the first time...swimming under the ice in a frozen Arctic lake tends to have long lasting effects which were skated over.
        I think you missed the first few episodes. The one with the shoot out in the snow - almost complete white out - was weird, and slightly difficult to see who got shot, but since one of the main characters reappeared in the last one I guess the bullet(s) missed!

Comment

• Braunschlag
          • Jul 2017

The white-out shoot-out was very much like the first series of Fargo, but not as good....
          Splitting episodes over two weeks doesn’t help with continuity either, it’s a bit of a confusing mess so far. I’ve only stuck with it as I do like the intonation of the language.

Comment

Working...
          X