Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

....i'm glad ff, jean and aeolium ended up shedding some light on a few questions ref authenticity of emf....
    bong ching

Comment

• vinteuil
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      In the novel, I kept wondering whether it would ever come to light. Not much was made of it.
      ... indeed. Let's have the text from the very last page of the book -

"... Dolly's remark had interested her. At last she said: 'Could you tell me, Henry, what was that about Mrs Wilcox having left me Howards End?'
      Tranquilly he replied: 'Yes, she did. But that is a very old story. When she was ill and you were so kind to her she wanted to make you some return, and not being herself at the time, scribbled "Howards End" on a piece of paper. I went into it thoroughly, and, as it was clearly fanciful, I set it aside, little knowing what my Margaret would be to me in the future.'
      Margaret was silent. Something shook her life in its inmost recesses, and she shivered.
      'I didn't do wrong, did I?' he asked, bending down.
      'You didn't, darling. Nothing has been done wrong.'
      From the garden came laughter. 'Here they are at last!' exclaimed Henry, disengaging himself with a smile.... "

Comment

• gurnemanz
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
        Yes this all talking at once bit is just too much. I hope the chap playing Tibby is a great actor and that he's not really like that.
        Wiki has a quote about him from Maggie Smith: "most of us spend our lives trying to do what you've achieved".

Comment

Working...
        X