X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pianoman
    • Jan 2013

EDIT: SPOILER ALERT!!!

I sort of agree, but the slightly barmy Rellick had been signposting this twist - she’s obviously troubled and when we learned her dad was a chemist and murderer mmm things started to click...I was always sure she was responsible for Gabriel’s attack ( she knew the location, and knew where the street girl was etc) so a small step to doing the others. The question is how will it resolve, as she must have had an accomplice....oooh....
    Last edited by ferneyhoughgeliebte; 10-10-17, 20:26.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Kicking myself that I didn't pick up the clues.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Braunschlag View Post
        Anyone much the wiser after the climactic massacre of the last two episodes?. Not sure I’m glad I watched it apart from a curiosity to see who would end up alive...

What/where was the Black Lake anyway or have I missed something?
        Just finished the series... Yes the conclusion didn't deliver really, did it, leaving the whole thing just the mish-mash people have mentioned. Disappointing. I suppose the only vaguely intriguing thing is that one assumes (from the shot of the two little boys scribbling great red lines all over their drawing of a car containing three happy faces; and from the fact that blondy brother of psycho cannabis farmer has a dose of the red-eye in the penultimate shot) that the trio's final escape is not going to end well. What with that and the trapped injured caretaker, I guess I take it that no one survives to tell the tale.

Basically, bar some atmospheric episodes earlier on, Scandi-tosh.

Oh - and Black Lake (Svartsjön) was the name of the hotel/resort, I think.

What with this and the current run of repeats of quite recently-broadcast episodes of Beck, it's a disappointing showing this autumn from BBC4 - presumably they're no longer interested in paying the money to get more and better.

No doubt better stuff is on the Walter Presents online function but wading through adverts on C4's catch-up service is sufficient deterrent, when more than enough stuff is available elsewhere.
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          What with this and the current run of repeats of quite recently-broadcast episodes of Beck, it's a disappointing showing this autumn from BBC4 - presumably they're no longer interested in paying the money to get more and better.

No doubt better stuff is on the Walter Presents online function but wading through adverts on C4's catch-up service is sufficient deterrent, when more than enough stuff is available elsewhere.[/COLOR]
          We haven't got into the latest Beck series - are they also disappointing? I have recorded a few and there are still some available via catch-up.

I hadn't hear of Walter Presents - which I take to be a marketing ploy - see http://www.channel4.com/programmes/c...ld-drama/title

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
            We haven't got into the latest Beck series - are they also disappointing?
            I rather enjoyed them - but quite recently. I think the ones on Saturday evenings on BBC4 this month were first broadcast in 2015, and I've no real wish to see them again. It's seeing BBC4 filling their 'flagship autumn Saturday evening' slots with recent repeats that's disappointing, more than the programmes themselves which aren't the best things ever but good viewing (one of the characters, not the lead, I particularly warmed to).
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
              Gone fishin'
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
              I rather enjoyed them - but quite recently. I think the ones on Saturday evenings on BBC4 this month were first broadcast in 2015, and I've no real wish to see them again. It's seeing BBC4 filling their 'flagship autumn Saturday evening' slots with recent repeats that's disappointing, more than the programmes themselves which aren't the best things ever but good viewing
              - I've been watching the re-runs; the stories are enjoyable second time, too, and much, much better thought-out, performed, and filmed than And Then There Were Four on the Orient Express. (But, as you say, none of the "I've-got-to-be-home-to-see-that" quality of The Killing, The Bridge, Borgen ... )

(one of the characters, not the lead, I particularly warmed to).
              Yes - his performances have been particularly enjoyable to watch again. (But remember what happened to him! )
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
              X