X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnb
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    Do you remember the young Trevor Eve as a private detective in Shoestring, John? Channel 4 iirc. I was living in Bristol at the time he had his houseboat - he put the Floating Harbour and Clifton Suspension Bridge on the national map, I thought at the time.
    Yes I remember that series well. It was fun identifying the locations around Clifton (and Bristol in general) that they used. As I remember they had Royal York Crescent (where his posh lady friend lived) as being a quick stroll from the docks.

Others might have serious doubts about my taste but Waking the Dead is one of the programmes that is a "must watch" for me (usually recorded and watched later in the week).

(I haven't been listening to much music recently as I have picked up the classical guitar again after a lapse of a couple of decades and and I'm battling to restore at least some of my playing abilities - what little they were.)

Comment

• Conchis
      Banned
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
      Speaking of Foyles War, which I enjoyed too, I've always thought Michael Kitchen came from the (extremely) understated school of acting - and very effective too.

I was tickled to find him swearing like a trooper when he played the rock star's manager in the "Brian Pern: A life in Rock" series. (Brian Pern being a spoof character. The references from the setting in the world of Rock passed me by as I know nothing about it. However. Michael Kitchen plays a character who (metaphorically) shoots from the hip (and the lip....)

As in, from 47 seconds point here:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlD8...4piX3uoN_Etu1b
      The way he's developed as an actor is fascinating - I've been following him for years. He first made an impression playing slightly satanic characters (literally so, in the case of his stunning performance in Dennis Potter's long suppressed Brimstone & Treakle); then, after playing the titular monarch in To Play The King, his casting bracket became 'nice gents'. I'd never have seen that coming, but he's great in everything he does.

Comment

• richardfinegold
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Conchis View Post
        The way he's developed as an actor is fascinating - I've been following him for years. He first made an impression playing slightly satanic characters (literally so, in the case of his stunning performance in Dennis Potter's long suppressed Brimstone & Treakle); then, after playing the titular monarch in To Play The King, his casting bracket became 'nice gents'. I'd never have seen that coming, but he's great in everything he does.

Comment

Working...
        X