Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smittims
    replied
    Approaching the end of a re-read of 'The Spoils of Poynton' following the recent posts on Henry James.

Next, I really must get on with the Barchester Chronicles. 'Doctor Thorne' is next.

Leave a comment:

• JasonPalmer
    replied
    I seem to have some of the traits, the book was fascinating.

Leave a comment:

• smittims
    replied
    Good for you,Jason; I have a mild form of ADHD and it does have its advantages.

Leave a comment:

• JasonPalmer
    replied
    Got given some interesting books for my recent birthday and just ordered a book theorising that adhd is a trait which would be usefull in hunter gatherer societies, being neurodivergant i am interested in such things.

Leave a comment:

• french frank
    replied
    Good reply. It might fit with Tolstoy's own brand of Christianity too, though Pozdnyshev was perhaps lucky to get away with an acquittal on the basis of Matthew 5 in Russia.

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... 'adultery' in the sense of Matthew 5 -

27 Audistis quia dictum est antiquis: Non moechaberis. 28 Ego autem dico vobis: quia omnis qui viderit mulierem ad concupiscendum eam, jam moechatus est eam in corde suo.

"27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X