X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

BFI film collections

I wonder whether others have explored any of the BFI film collections on the BFI website. Along with straightforward commercial offerings they have quite a few collections of short free-to-watch extracts showing aspects of life, including Britain on Film during the different decades of the C20. There is quite a lot of mundane stuff here, as you might expect, but I found some interesting ones particularly in the collection on China, with film from around the time of the Boxer Rebellion and also inter-war:

Choose free archive films by collection on BFI Player
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Many thanks, aeolium.

This should prove well worth going back to from time to time - a valuable resource.

Comment

• Russ

One of the freeview TV channels. London Live I think, seems to be featuring a regular slot for BFI films. John Schlesinger's 'Terminus' (1961) featured a few days' ago.

Russ

Comment

• aeolium
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Russ View Post
        One of the freeview TV channels. London Live I think, seems to be featuring a regular slot for BFI films. John Schlesinger's 'Terminus' (1961) featured a few days' ago.
        These channels are geographically restricted though - the equivalent freeview channel, channel 8, for the region I live in is Bristol Live (or some such title).

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

There is a Scottish Screen Archive which regularly gets an airing on Beeb Scotland with some compilations of material.

Last year there was a fine film released, 'From Scotland with Love', using some of the SSA material with a very good soundtrack by Scottish musician, King Creosote.

Comment

Working...
          X