X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sir Velo
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
    I thought BMI and BMJ but am not convinved about BMX....would you read about that in the BMJ?
    Can you think of anything else which fits the clue?
    Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
    You'd read about the injuries caused by it.

Comment

• ardcarp
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Well it was BMX. You ought to know Velo! I just wonder how often the BMJ includes learned articles about BMX-ing injuries!

Much better show today; not blanket bafflement as in last week's. I was sorry the chairman forgot to mention that the River Otter is in Devon...hence Otterton and Ottery St Mary, the latter having a church which is a Royal Peculiar. (Good quiz question to send in, someone?)

Comment

• Sir Velo
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
        Well it was BMX. You ought to know Velo! I just wonder how often the BMJ includes learned articles about BMX-ing injuries!

I've never BMX-ed and I reckon I'm far too old and stiff jointed to start now! Like you, I doubt whether BMX injuries fill the pages of the BMJ but, for purposes of the quiz, it was the only possible fit.

Comment

• mercia
          • Nov 2010

would you say there is more "popular culture" these days in the questions e.g. today we had characters from The Magic Roundabout, Wallace & Gromit, 70's Heavy Metal, that just from the 10 minutes I heard. Less highbrow stuff than the old days ? Not that it makes answering any easier, perhaps harder if you're not into all that.

Comment

• gurnemanz
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mercia View Post
            would you say there is more "popular culture" these days in the questions e.g. today we had characters from The Magic Roundabout, Wallace & Gromit, 70's Heavy Metal, that just from the 10 minutes I heard. Less highbrow stuff than the old days ? Not that it makes answering any easier, perhaps harder if you're not into all that.
            Not sure, but I know that it is my lack of knowledge of popular culture (pop music post 1969, TV soaps and talent shows, blockbuster films and American TV series etc) which lets me down at quiz nights. I'm quite good on obscure stuff.

Comment

• ardcarp
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

Same here. I do think more 'pop' questions are included these days, but they crop up in crossword puzzles too. No probs with Magic Roundabout and The Wrong Trousers (TV with kids and then g-kids) but anything to do with pop music and soaps is a blank for me.

Comment

• mercia
                • Nov 2010

that Beethoven played for question 3 today was a bit obscure wasn't it ? opus 136 'The moment of Glory' Cantata

Comment

Working...
                X