BBC Radio 3 - Night Waves: Feminism in 2013 - 22:00-23:25 GMT on Thursday 19 December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bb
    • Sep 2024

BBC Radio 3 - Night Waves: Feminism in 2013 - 22:00-23:25 GMT on Thursday 19 December

Tonight on the final 'Night Waves' of 2013, night waves finally hit the rocks!

BBC Radio 3 - Night Waves

Last edited by Guest; 24-12-13, 15:20.
  • Honoured Guest

Originally posted by bb View Post
    Tonight on the final 'Night Waves' of 2013,
    In fact, tonight's is the final Night Waves ever. It returns in the new year with a new title, Free Thinking, and with one fewer weekly edition, now just Tuesdays to Thursdays.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Honoured Guest View Post
      In fact, tonight's is the final Night Waves ever. It returns in the new year with a new title, Free Thinking, and with one fewer weekly edition, now just Tuesdays to Thursdays.
      Shouldn't that be one less weekly edition?

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        Shouldn't that be one less weekly edition?
        No, because that enters into the supermarket queue Tesco v Waitrose. Is it 10 items or less at the kiosk, or fewer than 10 items? See various Pedantry Threads! As to Feminism - I, of course, defer to you!!

Comment

• Frances_iom
          • Mar 2007

with AM in charge no doubt the hard yank to the right sunk it - the couple of minutes I heard midway they were just twittering away.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            No, because that enters into the supermarket queue Tesco v Waitrose. Is it 10 items or less at the kiosk, or fewer than 10 items? See various Pedantry Threads!
            5 at Saint Sprees...

As to Feminism - I, of course, defer to you!!
            I quit the same time as giving up smoking.

Seriously, I see it's available on iPlayer

Radio 3’s flagship arts programme until 2013. Over 350 editions available in the archive.

Notwithstanding Frances' warning I'll give it a listen later tonight.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
              Notwithstanding Frances' warning I'll give it a listen later tonight.
              To be honest S_A, I'd give up wimmen and R3!! You know it makes sense!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Well I've just listened to the prog, and they all seemed to be talking to their own constituencies, with a lot of terminology taken for granted. The consequences of "identity politics" would apear to be what I'd feared: namely that each person defines what she defines as feminist and promotes to the wider world, whereas, apart from Julie Bindel's radical feminism (men being the oppressor class), not having social class the central issue leads to dissipation of effort and impact.

Comment

Working...
                X