• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Rights - Academics and Philosophers at Leveson Today

Very interesting sessions today - academic discussing rights and free speech etc ...
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • amateur51

These sessions threaten to become an addition to this year's Reith Lectures - wonderful stuff

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      These sessions threaten to become an addition to this year's Reith Lectures - wonderful stuff

Well, a replacement, I would hope

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

Well, a replacement, I would hope
        Did you listen to Niall Ferguson, S_A? - I got the impression that he thought that if he spoke quickly enough in long enough sentences, listeners would be overwhelmed and unable to engage with the coal he was mining
        Last edited by Guest; 16-07-12, 12:58. Reason: Capital!

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

a very good days listening indeed, serious and deliberative rather than who did what etc .... Prof Baroness O'Neill was scathing in such measured tones ....
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Did you listen to Niall Ferguson, S_A? - I got the impression that he thought that if he spoke quickly enough in long enough sentences, listeners would be overwhelmed and unable to engage with the coal he was mining
            As I said in a prevous thread to me it was a total waste of this year's Reith Lecture. We already have the worst mess-up in my lifetime caused by following the kinds of two-a-penny right-wing doctrine Mr Ferguson advocates.

Comment

• amateur51

As I said in a prevous thread to me it was a total waste of this year's Reith Lecture. We already have the worst mess-up in my lifetime caused by following the kinds of two-a-penny right-wing doctrine Mr Ferguson advocates.
              Ooops sorry for the repetition

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Ooops sorry for the repetition
                Not at all, at all, a tall, Ams, in short...

Comment

• amateur51

Not at all, at all, a tall, Ams, in short...
                  I'm 1.68m thank you

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

we should have standards about such metrics [i recall a photo from the morgue recently posted by Chas T]

Leveson continues with the education of us all today ... data and competition experts this morning ... epistemology eh!

Comment

Working...
                    X