• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Faking the differences

Neurosexist tripe?

In an larger earlier study (from which the participants of the PNAS study were a subset), the same research team compellingly demonstrated that the sex differences in the psychological skills they measured – executive control, memory, reasoning, spatial processing, sensorimotor skills, and social cognition – are almost all trivially small.
    To give a sense of the huge overlap in behaviour between males and females, of the twenty-six possible comparisons, eleven sex differences were either non-existent, or so small that if you were to select a boy and girl at random and compare their scores on a task, the “right” sex would be superior less than 53% of the time.
    Even the much-vaunted female advantage in social cognition, and male advantage in spatial processing, was so modest that a randomly chosen boy would outscore a randomly chosen girl on social cognition – and the girl would outscore the boy on spatial processing – over 40% of the time.
    one should always discount the science that makes it to the front page .... the hacks are so dumb
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Fascinating. (I enjoy map-reading and can't remember conversations )
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

All of us are much more human than otherwise.
      Harry Stack Sullivan
      if one follows the logic of the diagrams presumably gay people presumably have diagonally wired brains with reversed laterality as fits ...
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

What makes us human? I see an Animal Rights group in the US is pursuing a law suit to have chimpanzees granted 'legal person' status.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Frances_iom
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          What makes us human? I see an Animal Rights group in the US is pursuing a law suit to have chimpanzees granted 'legal person' status.
          well they both like tea parties tho I recall the chimps being more civilized in theirs

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Fascinating. (I enjoy map-reading and can't remember conversations )
            Maybe you were a mistake.

How did cross-dressers manage when there were only fig leaves?

Comment

• Gordon
              • Nov 2010

I guess that'll give them a vote then

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

a more considered view from a decent hack in the graun

to which might be added these more general cautions about science

one
                two
                Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 08-12-13, 13:30.

Comment

Working...
                X