• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

A Sense of Proportion

the biggest and brightest cosmic explosion

so easy to forget just where we are and how parochial our cultures can be innit?
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • amateur51

I half-heard an item about this on the radio this morning as I dozed - many thanks for the link, Calum

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      I half-heard an item about this on the radio this morning as I dozed - many thanks for the link, Calum
      Sounds like a good cure for my insomnia then!

In the '60s people talked of Cosmic Consciousness, but I was always more down to earth. Granded.

Comment

• Dphillipson
        • Jan 2012

Sixties people may have been catching up with Richard Maurice Bucke's 1901 proposal published as "Cosmic Consciousness: A Study in the Evolution of the Human Mind," taken up thereafter by Jung etc.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

thar' she blows!
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
            Unless it blows, they're very lucky over there - only have to stick a pipe down then connect up to taps and radiators!
            Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 11-12-13, 13:41.

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
              Unless it blows, they're very lucky over there - only have to stick a pipe down then connect up to taps and radiators!
              When it blows, we'll all be unlucky. Hopefully it will be a far in the future.

Comment

Working...
              X