• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

A People's Assembly? No Ta

..... hmmmmmm can not make up my mind about this

it simply looks like a certain G Brown's constituency ...and having been a TU activist in the 70s i would not feel that they had yet cleansed themselves of some rather vile attitudes and habits ...[behind the scenes ASTMS was a vile culture, highly split nby Left v Right with nasty stuff going on to skewer the other agenda and people]

however what can not be gainsaid is Starkey's observation on This Week last Thursday, that no current political leader or formation was addressing the full scale of our economic and social circumstances ... somehow the People's Assembly does not look as if it fits that bill ...

the arguments about big state small state are a red herring it seems to me, we can not get the State to work for the people no matter what size it is or responsibilities it undertakes ....

this could also happen to my niece who has been wheelchair bound with cerebral palsy all her life [now an amazing 50 years old]

or the review by Vaz's Committee of the failings of Linda Horner running the UK Border Agency badly and then being promoted to rum HMRC ...

to mention the two stories today about how poorly the government service works

and then to top that lot we have self made millionaire Heseltine [not quite true that BPC made the profits after he sold them a controlling stake in Haymarket, his property development and dealing is not described as profitable] saying we are too well off to want to grow the economy ... a subtle version of the slackers trope eh .... in reality this whole ideology is just the rage of the propertied and rentier gangsters [busily extracting the cash from our public services and commercial enterprises for their own enrichment] that anyone might actually take their loot and use it to help people .... growing the economy will be very hard unless we can remove such crooks seems to me ...

i am now an adamant member of the None Of The Above Tendency ...
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • BLUESNIK'S REVOX
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    ..... hmmmmmm can not make up my mind about this

it simply looks like a certain G Brown's constituency ...and having been a TU activist in the 70s i would not feel that they had yet cleansed themselves of some rather vile attitudes and habits ...[behind the scenes ASTMS was a vile culture, highly split nby Left v Right with nasty stuff going on to skewer the other agenda and people]

however what can not be gainsaid is Starkey's observation on This Week last Thursday, that no current political leader or formation was addressing the full scale of our economic and social circumstances ... somehow the People's Assembly does not look as if it fits that bill ...

the arguments about big state small state are a red herring it seems to me, we can not get the State to work for the people no matter what size it is or responsibilities it undertakes ....

this could also happen to my niece who has been wheelchair bound with cerebral palsy all her life [now an amazing 50 years old]

or the review by Vaz's Committee of the failings of Linda Horner running the UK Border Agency badly and then being promoted to rum HMRC ...

to mention the two stories today about how poorly the government service works

and then to top that lot we have self made millionaire Heseltine [not quite true that BPC made the profits after he sold them a controlling stake in Haymarket, his property development and dealing is not described as profitable] saying we are too well off to want to grow the economy ... a subtle version of the slackers trope eh .... in reality this whole ideology is just the rage of the propertied and rentier gangsters [busily extracting the cash from our public services and commercial enterprises for their own enrichment] that anyone might actually take their loot and use it to help people .... growing the economy will be very hard unless we can remove such crooks seems to me ...

i am now an adamant member of the None Of The Above Tendency ...
    I think its the 99% of investment bankers that give the rest a bad name....And yes, The Beast is still in heat...Brecht, Owen Jones? NO, Gillian Tett, Dep Editor of the FT in this weeks FT...banking/financial services are even more fucked, ghosted and unstable than BEFORE the crash. Glad you can stay detached comrade.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

This is a slow burner....lets put it to a vote....lets all assemble....(and in the case of some of us - reassemble)....
      bong ching

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
        This is a slow burner....lets put it to a vote....lets all assemble....(and in the case of some of us - reassemble)....
        Well me, I refuse to get involved in any movement that means I've got to share a rustling folding chair with someone working class or even worse, someone in social housing or a manufacturing trade union.We've kept them off the Today program for years and thank God for that. My kids are straight to Oxbridge and dont stop at Fetes to digital Marketing.

Comment

• Richard Barrett

Originally posted by BLUESNIK'S REVOX View Post
          I think its the 99% of investment bankers that give the rest a bad name...
          Brilliant.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Glad you can stay detached comrade.
            ...yeah i know but me hypertension goes critical when i get enraged and then i have to reassemble meself ...

the notion that there might be such a thing as 1% of investment bankers is impossible in this universe; they don't get out of bed for anything less than 15% .....

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
              • Dec 2010

Calum, if you want to get your BP/hypertension down, get some ducks,..tres relaxing and you can feed their BP readings direct to your GP. I do.

BN.

Comment

Working...
              X