What a bumbling perfomance!

• DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

Yes, terrifying.

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Indeed. The important thing now is we all focus on beating the virus. We have a plan. We don't know what the plan is yet. We want to have clarity. We had a very clear message. We don't really know what we're doing, but it will be OK. We don't know how.
      We won't give target dates. We don't know if any of this is going to work. We will go as fast as we can. We will get systems up and running as soon as possible. We'll work out what needs to be done. When we're confident we're in the right place we'll go public with it. It all depends on fighting that virus, and using our common sense, and staying alert.
      We're working flat out.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

Comment

• Count Boso

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
        Indeed. The important thing now is we all focus on beating the virus.

NO. Stay alert and keep washing your hands!

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Count Boso View Post

NO. Stay alert and keep washing your hands!
          Ah - so you got that message. Well done!

Comment

• zola
            • May 2011

The trouble is though that most people will not have seen the car crash and the BBC is going with the headline 'Johnson urges UK to move on', so to that extent he has got his 'message' across.

Comment

• zola
              • May 2011

And now this craven caving in from the BBC....https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52824508

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
                • Jan 2014

I listened to Michael Portillo (I know, I know) on R4 PM this afternoon. Asked about the bumbling style, whether it was impossible for Johnson to speak differently, he more or less said it was a carefully crafted affectation for his public persona and that he is not like that in other situations.
                Thinking about it, when questioners conclude they're not going to get a straight answer, or any useful information, he gets an easy pass. But as you say, what he does ensure, is that he repeats the message he wants to impart, and fill the air time.
                I can't stand people who say "Boris is Boris" - it's a free ticket to manipulate us left right and centre.

Comment

• Count Boso

Originally posted by zola View Post
                  And now this craven caving in from the BBC....https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52824508
                  Haha! news story repeats what she said, though. Tut tut. Naughty BBC. What was it she said again? I wonder who complained.

Comment

• muzzer
                    • Nov 2013

Agree with Mr Portfolio. It’s a Rowley Birkin act. BRRRR - TIGERS!! EVERYWHERE. AND THEN I MARRIED HER.

Comment

• Bryn
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by zola View Post
                      I was watching at the time of broadcast and thought "good for you, Emily"! Now the craven BBC big brass cave in, but at least with enough subtlety to repeat the essential intro.

Comment

• Count Boso

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                        I was watching at the time of broadcast and thought "good for you, Emily"! Now the craven BBC big brass cave in, but at least with enough subtlety to repeat the essential intro.
                        It's in the BBC's DNA. They get praise for doing something good and they immediately apologise. Give them flak for getting it wrong and they deny it.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                          • Nov 2010

I've not watched these idiots on TV

But i'm definitely NOT going to co-operate with their phone app bullshit

I'm not happy for the likes of these people to have access to my contacts and the rest
                          so they can whistle for it

Comment

• oddoneout
                            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                            I've not watched these idiots on TV

But i'm definitely NOT going to co-operate with their phone app bullshit

I'm not happy for the likes of these people to have access to my contacts and the rest
                            so they can whistle for it
                            They'd have to do more than whistle in my case - I don't have the right kind of phone.

Comment

• Dave2002
                              • Dec 2010

I actually tried to find the "guidelines" which it is claimed that DC followed - though this was in contradiction to the letter that BJ had sent out to all households. I spent some time looking through web pages from the government web site. No sign of them - so is there something wrong with my internet? I know that Mr GG thinks so, but seriously, I could not find anything which matched what we hae been told in the last few days. There are/were very explicit instructions to not leave home, not to travel etc., all of which, either I missed completely, or Mr DC is incapable of reading, understanding and acting upon, unlike the great majority of the British public, who are obviously so stupid that they actually did what was suggested to them in the PM's letter.

Comment

Working...
                              X