• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
    True, and true. But you do have a) to have access to a Waitrose (and Partners) and b) spend £10 there!

OG
    That £10 includes the price of the paper and, if you choose to have one, a hot drink. Thus, depending on your choice of paper and drink, you only need to part with £5.60 during the week, or even less at the weekend, due to the higher price of newspapers on those two days. That said, with their recent promotion of Cardhu Gold at £25 a 70cl bottle, I have been spending rather more than £10 a visit.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      That £10 includes the price of the paper and, if you choose to have one, a hot drink. Thus, depending on your choice of paper and drink, you only need to part with £5.60 during the week, or even less at the weekend, due to the higher price of newspapers on those two days. That said, with their recent promotion of Cardhu Gold at £25 a 70cl bottle, I have been spending rather more than £10 a visit.
      hic!

OG

Comment

• gurnemanz
        • Nov 2010

My wife seems more than happy to take on shopping duties and enjoys getting bargains. My presence is not helpful. She does sometimes bring back a free newspaper from Waitrose, usually Grauniad, which contains far too much for me to actually read. Just about to hop on my bike to get the I Paper - 65p - I need my daily cryptic crossword fix. I think they are keeping the price level roughly in line with the average age of the readership.

Comment

Working...
        X