X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kernow Malc
    • Oct 2018

Censorship....

Well the thread below (Latest Update) got closed down quick didn't it.... as we have to put up with the repetitive and to my ears profoundly biased BBC news every 30 mins in the morning its seems a very pertinent subject to me....
  • Old Grumpy
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Kernow Malc View Post
    Well the thread below (Latest Update) got closed down quick didn't it.... as we have to put up with the repetitive and to my ears profoundly biased BBC news every 30 mins in the morning its seems a very pertinent subject to me....
    Ts 'n Cs, innit.

Comment

• Joseph K
      Banned
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Kernow Malc View Post
      I suppose it's because it was veering into boring reruns of old debates that it's possible everyone is bored with/sick of... I say this as one of the participants of it.

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

It's not "censorship" though IMV

It IS THE issue for many people and a huge one for many of us who work internationally in music
        but that's fine if this isn't the place .........

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

My thanks to Joseph & MrGG - and apologies to those who had been following Dave's Thread. As the last round of political confrontation had resulted in 3 Forumistas reconsidering their commitment to the Forum, I did not wish to see further ill-feeling engendered, so closed the Thread when things looked as if they were headed in a similar direction.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Richard Barrett
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
            My thanks to Joseph & MrGG - and apologies to those who had been following Dave's Thread. As the last round of political confrontation had resulted in 3 Forumistas reconsidering their commitment to the Forum, I did not wish to see further ill-feeling engendered, so closed the Thread when things looked as if they were headed in a similar direction.
            I tell you what though, it is quite nice to have somewhere to go where that particular subject isn't mentioned. You might think that since I live abroad I don't have it in my face as much as most of you people, but the problem is that whenever I meet anyone they expect me either to explain it to them or to tell them what's going to happen next or both. And the situation has just got a lot worse because now I have to explain not only B****t but also how a certain individual could possibly have ascended to the highest political office in the country. When I was in France last I ended up saying "you people invented surrealism, why don't you tell me".

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
              Gone fishin'
              • Sep 2011

<wrysmileemoticon>

I think - hope - that I've made my anger, despair, and general feeling of helplessness over current situations (Brexit, Putin, Trump, Iran, Italy ... ) very clear in previous comments when they've been raised. I do whatever I can elsewhere to make my views known to those who perhaps might make a difference - but I don't see that arousing bad feeling amongst people who have much else in common on the Forum is going to help improve anything.

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                <wrysmileemoticon>

I think - hope - that I've made my anger, despair, and general feeling of helplessness over current situations (Brexit, Putin, Trump, Iran, Italy ... ) very clear in previous comments when they've been raised. I do whatever I can elsewhere to make my views known to those who perhaps might make a difference - but I don't see that arousing bad feeling amongst people who have much else in common on the Forum is going to help improve anything.
                Well said ......

Comment

• Conchis
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2014

The level of censorship on this forum would not be out of place in Tsarist Russia.

Comment

• Jazzrook
                    • Mar 2011

Owen Jones on Boris Johnson:

This latest manoeuvre is an act of hubris by an unaccountable political elite. They cannot be allowed to get away with it, says Guardian columnist Owen Jones

JR

Comment

• oddoneout
                      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Conchis View Post
                      The level of censorship on this forum would not be out of place in Tsarist Russia.
                      Except that it's not the only platform available for people to voice their views is it? If I had a political thread shut down on here I could convey my views to politicians, papers, other online platforms, talk politics with friends in cafes and other public places to discuss the banned topic, without fear of being penalised or 'removed' by the authorities.

Comment

• DracoM
                        Host
                        • Mar 2007

Yes, ferney - agree.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                          Gone fishin'
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                          Except that it's not the only platform available for people to voice their views is it? If I had a political thread shut down on here I could convey my views to politicians, papers, other online platforms, talk politics with friends in cafes and other public places to discuss the banned topic, without fear of being penalised or 'removed' by the authorities.
                          Oh - having seen Conchis' comments on the "impotent liberal" Thread, I thought his #9 here was expressing approval?

Comment

• Stanfordian
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Conchis View Post
                            Tsarist Russia. Not Soviet Russia?

Comment

• David-G
                              • Mar 2012

One of the things I love about this forum is that there is NO POLITICS.

Comment

Working...
                              X